Jul 6, 2010

My first entry ...

This is my first illustration of the year.
I'm committing to drawing five illustrations a week for 52 weeks. That's 260 pictures in total. The aim for this year is to have enough decent pictures for a children's illustration portfolio. Eck - am I crazy? Probably.
I wanted to start with a fantastic picture, something to encapsulate how amazing this year is going to be. Naturally I couldn't think of anything to draw.
All I could think was I can't think of anything to draw. How am I ever going to create that many pictures? 260!
Then the fear that I never finish anything kicks in. I've got drawers of half started illustrations to prove it. I'm the best starter of projects, I start things with zeal but it never lasts.
So in dedication of all my fears (all 260 of them!) I've drawn a chicken for my first picture
.

No comments:

Post a Comment